Yoga and Dog Walking One-Day Mini Adventure
Join Janice & Frida the Puli for a fun and lively dog walk with vegan food, silent walking meditations and a dog friendly yoga class along the way... You do not need a dog to join this event, all are welcome
- Anyone on our monthly, 3-monthly, or 6-monthly memberships email for a code and join this event for £19
- Note all payments are absolutely non refundable but can be exchanged for yoga classes at the studio if for any reason you are unable to make the adventure
About our Adventure
We will walk along the River Lea through Walthamstow Marshes and Middlesex Filter Beds Nature Reserve, where we will stop for an outdoor yoga session. We will continue our walk along the canal through Hackney Marshes to Mother Works a dog friendly plant based cafe/restaurant.
The walks will be both social at times with plenty of time to chit chat and get to know our fellow walkers and pooches. We will also practice a silent walking meditation, so up to 30 minutes of our walk through Walthamstow Marshes will be in silence as we connect within and become one with the nature around us without the distraction of chat
We will walk at an easy pace
Your dog, your responsibility!
10:00 - 11:00 - Walk along the River Lea, through Walthamstow Marshes and the Nature Reserve
11:00 - 12:30 - Outdoor yoga class on the nature reserve
12:30 - 13:00 - Walk along the canal to Hear East
13:00 - 14:00 - Vegan lunch at Mother Works
14:00 - 16:00 Optional for those who wish to we will continue along the canal through Victoria Park and all the way back to Dalston. (Hackney Wick station is a short walk from Mother Works for those who are ready to leave after lunch)
What you will need
- Yoga clothes that you can stretch comfortably in such as sweatpants/leggings/shorts and a t-shirt
- Yoga mat (you can borrow one from the studio but will need to arrange to pick it up in advance)
- A yoga mat bag or strap to carry your
- Warm, breathable, waterproof walking clothes
- Sun cream, hat, sunglasses
- Weather appropriate protection
- Comfortable weather proof walking shoes
- Snacks for the walk and/or cash/card for lunch
- Water to drink and for your dog
- Stuff for your dog
Markfield Park, a short walk from South Tottenham Station or Seven Sisters Station
The walk and yoga will be led by Janice Kate Fisher proprietor of Light Yoga Space.
Janice has been studying Sivananda classical hatha yoga for over 20 years and has been teaching for 15. She is passionate about supporting herself and others on the journey towards radiant mental and physical health, a healthy body-image, and self-acceptance. She very much believes that every-'body' can benefit from the transformative power of yoga. She is dedicated to Sivananda yoga and believes wholeheartedly in it as a practical force for good in the world.
“I am working more and more with exploring the healing potential of practicing yoga in the presence of animals. Animals seem to be very drawn to the gentle, healing energy of yoga and meditation, and gentle people seem to be drawn to the healing energy of animals.
I believe animals have much to give us and teach us on their terms, and we are there to love and support them and certainly in this human centred society take care of them and protect them from harm.” — a word from Janice
What if it rains on the day
Lets face it this is England. If we find the weather forecast is for rain we will change our route and practice yoga back at the Light Yoga Space studio, however as it is August we hope we will be OK! Although please note fee will not be refundable even if it rains!